Saturday, February 23, 2008

Travel to DFW

I came down to Dallas, Texas for the second time on Feb 11th, 2008. Last time (Feb 21 - May 21, 2007) I was staying in 'HomeStead suites' and this time I am staying in 'Extended Stay deluxe, Las Colinas'.

The journey wasn't that pleasant :) From Chennai to Frankfurt I got a seat near the emergency exit. I wasn't able to pushback the seat :( On informing the air hostess I came to know that the row in which I am sitting doesn't have the facility as behind me there were fixed seats allocated for air hostess. So those 9 hrs journey was very tiring. Actually I was thinking why doesn't Lufthansa give some discounts for those sitting in those kinds of rows?

The flight from Frankfurt to Dallas was delayed by an hour. Moreover they were changing the terminals all of a sudden for couple of times :) Atlast the flight tookoff @ 10.15 AM (local time at Frankfurt) and the pilot announced that the flying time is 10 hrs 45 mins!! Damn last time I remember travelling for around 9 or 9 hrs 30mins only :( It was really tiring.

My collegue was waiting for me in the Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) airport. He drove me to the hotel and also gave me a delicious home food.

No comments: